Operation Celebration is excited to announce that our very own, Latoya Stephenson, has earned Certified Balloon Artist (CBA®) status. Latoya was one of a select group of balloon professionals who successfully completed a series of tests, including oral and practical examinations. The certification was administered by the Qualatex Balloon NetworkSM (QBN®), a professional organization dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in balloon decor and bouquets. There are currently more than 2,000 Certified Balloon Artist professionals worldwide. We are proud to announce that we are the ONLY local business with a Certified Balloon Artist on staff.What does this mean for our customers?
- We use the best quality products in constructing our designs
- We are educated on industry standards and we hold ourselves accountable for maintaining them
- Our employees are properly trained in methods related but not limited to knowledge of design elements, professionalism, superior customer service, best business practices, and cutting edge balloon décor techniques.
Earning this certification was certainly a process and serves as indication of our commitment to be the best balloon business for our customers. We treat each event as if it were our own. We do not view balloon décor as “just some balloons”. We strive to create long-lasting memories by using balloons as a medium for artistic expression, using skilled techniques that set our customers events apart from the rest.
To achieve certification, CBA candidates are required to:
1. Satisfactorily complete a series of 5 exams;
2. Apply knowledge of skills and techniques by designing and building professional balloon deliveries, arrangements, and decor;
3. Demonstrate their understanding of design theories, delivery techniques, and business systems through an oral presentation to a panel of industry leaders.
Participants in the CBA Practical Exams are graded according to their knowledge of theory as well as the application of key design elements. In preparation for the CBA exams, Latoya was required to study a series of educational DVDs and written materials produced by Pioneer® Balloon Company, manufacturer of Qualatex® brand balloons and developer of the Qualatex Balloon Network.